13 Jan ICT Officer (National Office, Abuja)
Position Summary: In cooperation with the Head of ICT, the ICT Officer assist in implementing SOS-KDI global and continental ICT goals, policies, strategies, standards and guidelines in the National Association (NA). S/He supports the Head of ICT in designing the National office (NO) and facilitates ICT architecture and plans their long term ICT needs, ensuring that local long-term ICT requirements are met. The ICT Officer is to support the Head of ICT in achieving the effective operations of information technology and information systems within the NA /country
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of ICT in the area of implementing and maintenance of all national ICT systems and standards in order to achieve a cost efficient and effective ICT environment
- Assist the Head of ICT in the area of data security including the planning, design and implementation of security measures which safeguard access to the organisation’s terminal files and data elements.
- Assist in implementing operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system as supervised by the Head of ICT
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming)
- 2-3 years of experience in ICT field, preferably within an INGO.
- Spoken and written fluency in English is required.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, well organized, and comfortable in a highly dynamic, startup office environment
- Proven computer skills, familiarity with Windows, the Microsoft Office suite, databases, social media, etc.
- Hands-on experience with wireless network, LAN, SDN configuration, virtual support and troubleshooting, ICT security and confidentiality
In accordance with the organization’s Child Protection Policy and safeguarding guidelines, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.